Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post 33 - Can We Please Cancel 2011?

Would any of you mind very much if we cancelled 2011 and skipped right to 2012? I ask because if January is any indication of how the rest of the year will turn out, I don’t think I can handle eleven more months of similar excitement.

I started off January wondering if a stroke was looming after a couple of TIA-like episodes had my family doctor guessing some blood vessel debris had broken loose and caused a momentary blockage. However, a visit to my neurologist a few days later drew a different and unexpected diagnosis; a cluster headache bringing about symptoms that mimic a TIA – but doesn’t have anything to do with an actual stroke.

Things were pretty uneventful until the 21st when the next adventure began. Seems like I couldn’t, as my father used to say, “pass water.” After two unsuccessful days of waiting for nature to solve the problem, I made a late night visit to the local emergency room for some very welcome relief. They even presented me with a gift – my very own Foley catheter which I have to leave in place for several more days until my urologist returns from vacation.

Maybe I’ll wait to see how February turns out before pushing to cancel out the rest of the year.